About Your Dentist
Luis Gutierrez, DDS,Master of the Academy of General Dentistry
Dr John Messigner II, DDS, PhD continues to evolve and grow his Plymouth, New Hampshire based general dental practice. In addition to running a successful general dentistry practice, he has become looked upon as a leader and is involved in helping the local communities. Dr. Messinger has a passion for learning and using his understanding of science to help his patients lead healthier lives each day.
Dr. Messigner has completed Over 400 hours of continuing education courses and holds a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry. Prior to moving to the Lakes Region to start Main Street Dental, Dr. Messinger owned Rockingham Dental in Epping, NH.
With the help of Dr. Messinger's wife, Susan, Main Street Dental opened its doors in Plymouth on Feb, 12, 2002. It has been a family owned and operated practice ever since.
Dr. Messinger's commitment to family is reflected in his dental philosophy. John says, "I wouldn't recommend or do anything to your mouth that I wouldn't recommend or do in my own family member's mouths. In his spare time Dr. Messinger enjoys hiking, wood working and studying history.
- Earned a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry in 1986 from the University of Buffalo
- Attained tenure professor status at the State University College at Buffalo while teaching conservation science in the Art Conservation Dept. from 1986-1993
- Completed training in dental implants, root canal therapy, crown and bridge, E4D same day crown technology, training in invisalign, mini implants, dentures, partials, socket preservation, Hard and Soft Tissue Lazer Technology, Zoom Whitening.
- Completed 18 month Dental Management training and leadership training school in Florida.
- Supervising dentist for SAU 48 school hygiene program.
- Member of American Dental Society, NH Dental Society, Lakes Region Dental Society, American Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of Plymouth Rotary since 2002 served as President in 2004-2005.